A parliamentary probe team investigating the attack on the Central Bank employees on Monday said the bank officials are refusing to help them in their investigation.
The attack happened in Makrorayan-e-Char area in Kabul’s PD9 on November 7 in which three employees of the Central Bank, including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash, were killed. A member of the team says that lack of cooperation by the bank officials has challenged the process.
“We asked them to allow us to see the CCTV cameras to know whether explosives were placed (on the vehicle) inside the compound of the bank or outside. The IT head ignored (our request) and did not respond to our letters and did not allow us to see the recordings of the cameras. We went to the bank two days back to back, but it had no outcome,” said Nazifa Zaki, an MP and a member of the probe team.
Central Bank officials have not commented on the remarks so far.
Days after the Kabul blast, a similar attack happened in Helmand in which Radio Azadi reporter Elyas Dayee was killed.
“Threats against journalists are on the rise. The government often speaks about investigating cases of violence against journalists,” said Basir Fitri, a journalist.
“No one has been punished on charges of violence against journalists,” said Jawad Darwish, a journalist.
Journalists said perpetrators behind targeted killings should be recognized.
No group has claimed responsibility for the two attacks.