Latest news
تصویر بندانگشتی

Central Bank Denies Information on Kabul Attack: Journalists

The Central Bank is denying information to reporters about this month’s blast in Kabul that targeted a vehicle of its employees in which three people, including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash, were killed.  

The bank said in a statement that the incident is under investigation by security agencies and that it is cooperating in this respect. 

The attack happened in the Makrorayan-e-Char area in downtown Kabul on November 7. 

A group of journalists visited the bank on Saturday but said they could not information about the incident.   

“Yama Siawash's family and the people have serious questions about the incident. Media is also following the incident to get an answer,” said Hashmat Behzad, a journalist. 

Journalists spent many hours outside the bank, but they could not talk to officials. 

“No official including Mr. Ahmadi, the governor of the bank, is ready to talk and provide an answer. Even they are not ready to talk on phone,” said Shikib Mawlawizada, a journalist. 

“Reporters will have serious questions if they are allowed to get access to talk (with the bank officials),” said Ali Jawad Asghari, a journalist. 

Meanwhile, Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission reiterated the call for identifying perpetrators behind the targeted killings and for access to victims’ families. 

“The Afghan intelligence and security agencies have the responsibility to find perpetrators. The judicial institutions have the responsibility to serve justice on victims’ families,” a spokesman for the commission Zabiullah Farhang said.  

No group claimed responsibility for the attack on the Central Bank employees.  

Earlier this week, Mohammad Daud Siawash, Yama Siawash’s father, in a letter strongly criticized the Central Bank and the Afghan government’s approach to the attack and said they will submit a complaint to the International Criminal Court in The Hague if the Afghan government fails to investigate the incident. 

Central Bank Denies Information on Kabul Attack: Journalists

The Central Bank says the incident is under probe by security agencies and it is cooperating with them. 

تصویر بندانگشتی

The Central Bank is denying information to reporters about this month’s blast in Kabul that targeted a vehicle of its employees in which three people, including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash, were killed.  

The bank said in a statement that the incident is under investigation by security agencies and that it is cooperating in this respect. 

The attack happened in the Makrorayan-e-Char area in downtown Kabul on November 7. 

A group of journalists visited the bank on Saturday but said they could not information about the incident.   

“Yama Siawash's family and the people have serious questions about the incident. Media is also following the incident to get an answer,” said Hashmat Behzad, a journalist. 

Journalists spent many hours outside the bank, but they could not talk to officials. 

“No official including Mr. Ahmadi, the governor of the bank, is ready to talk and provide an answer. Even they are not ready to talk on phone,” said Shikib Mawlawizada, a journalist. 

“Reporters will have serious questions if they are allowed to get access to talk (with the bank officials),” said Ali Jawad Asghari, a journalist. 

Meanwhile, Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission reiterated the call for identifying perpetrators behind the targeted killings and for access to victims’ families. 

“The Afghan intelligence and security agencies have the responsibility to find perpetrators. The judicial institutions have the responsibility to serve justice on victims’ families,” a spokesman for the commission Zabiullah Farhang said.  

No group claimed responsibility for the attack on the Central Bank employees.  

Earlier this week, Mohammad Daud Siawash, Yama Siawash’s father, in a letter strongly criticized the Central Bank and the Afghan government’s approach to the attack and said they will submit a complaint to the International Criminal Court in The Hague if the Afghan government fails to investigate the incident. 

Share this post