Figures collected by TOLOnews show that 79 people were killed and 83 more were wounded in separate security incidents in the country over the last week, a slight increase compared with the data front a week prior to this.
The findings show that 43 security force members, 25 civilians and 11 government employees were killed in different security incidents from March 13 to March 19 while 25 security force members and 58 civilians were wounded during this period.
In the latest incident on Thursday, a bus carrying government employees was targeted by an explosion in north of Kabul in which four civilians were killed and at least a dozen more were wounded, according to police.
The findings show that 69 civilians and security force members were killed and 80 more were wounded in security incidents across the country from March 5 to March 12.
The Ministry of Defense said that Afghan forces are ready to defend the country against any threats by enemies.
“The Afghan National Defense and Security Forces are ready than ever before to crush terrorists. They will combat them resolutely to defend the nation,” the Defense Ministry spokesman Rohullah Ahmadzai said.
Afghan civilians make up the main victims of the conflict.
“Afghanistan will be plunged into further crisis if peace is not restored,” military analyst Mirza Mohammad Yarmand said.
“All Afghans are concerned about the situation. Violence continues and it is expanding,” a Kabul Nazir Hussain said.
Afghan civilians have been asking parties to the conflict to agree on ceasefire, but no breakthrough has been achieved so far to put an end to the deadly conflict in Afghanistan.