The majority of the victims of the two explosions that targeted city buses in Kabul on Tuesday night were members of poor families.
Qurban Ali, 70, was a vendor in Kabul who was in one of the buses and was on his way home after a long day to win bread for his family.
“He was coming home at 6:00 or 7:00 pm daily, we waited for him last night and finally we received a phone call from the hospital that he had been wounded. We rushed to the hospital and saw that he had no hand and his leg was also damaged,” said Mohammad Ibrahim, the son of Qurban Ali.
“My husband was going to work like a brave man, but they sent his dead body ... people in the bus were killed,” said Nafas Gul, the wife of Qurban Ali.
Victims’ families have said that they do not think the government will hear their voice and arrest the perpetrators who planned the attacks on the civilians.
Muslim, 21, was wounded in the second blast. He says that the attack was very powerful and he was the only survivor from the packed bus.
“We were around ten people in the bus, I saw only cut-off legs and hands and the bus had caught fire,” said Muslim.
Last month a powerful blast hit western of Kabul and at least 90 people were killed, most of them students, and over 150 more were wounded in the attack that started with a car bomb explosion near the school and was followed by two more IED blasts in the same area.