Latest news
Thumbnail

Over 100 Civilians Casualties in Baghlan Clashes: Officials

Health officials in Baghlan province on Tuesday said that over 100 civilians were killed and wounded--among them women and children--in recent clashes between the Afghan security forces and the Taliban in the province.

Afghan security officials in Baghlan have said that the Taliban once again tried to infiltrate Pul-e-Khumri city on Monday night, however, security forces managed to repel the attacks.

“We hit them. Their corpses are still lying behind those walls. They have not transferred their dead bodies so far,” said Raz Mohammad, an Afghan commando officer in Baghlan, referring to the battles with the Taliban.

Civilians spoke of being caught in the fighting.

“Firing occurred, my brother fell down on the ground, I also got a bullet, then I was unconscious,” said a resident of Baghlan, Naseer Ahmad.

Health officials said that over a 100 civilians have been killed and wounded in Baghlan in the past one month.

“We had 85 injuries and 21 deaths,” said Mohibulah Habib, the head of the Baghlan health department.

Last night the Taliban launched an attack on Doshi district in the province and it was repelled by Afghan forces.

“With the support of our air force, the enemy suffered up to 45 casualties on several fronts,” said Farid Sayedkheli, the commander of the Third Division of the Afghan National Army.

Currently, Afghan forces are taking up positions to defend the provincial capital of Pul-e-Khumri.

Security forces said that they are planning to launch a clearance operation in the area to prevent the Taliban threat to the city.

Over 100 Civilians Casualties in Baghlan Clashes: Officials

“Firing occurred, my brother fell down on the ground, I also got a bullet, then I was unconscious,” said a resident of Baghlan, Naseer Ahmad.

Thumbnail

Health officials in Baghlan province on Tuesday said that over 100 civilians were killed and wounded--among them women and children--in recent clashes between the Afghan security forces and the Taliban in the province.

Afghan security officials in Baghlan have said that the Taliban once again tried to infiltrate Pul-e-Khumri city on Monday night, however, security forces managed to repel the attacks.

“We hit them. Their corpses are still lying behind those walls. They have not transferred their dead bodies so far,” said Raz Mohammad, an Afghan commando officer in Baghlan, referring to the battles with the Taliban.

Civilians spoke of being caught in the fighting.

“Firing occurred, my brother fell down on the ground, I also got a bullet, then I was unconscious,” said a resident of Baghlan, Naseer Ahmad.

Health officials said that over a 100 civilians have been killed and wounded in Baghlan in the past one month.

“We had 85 injuries and 21 deaths,” said Mohibulah Habib, the head of the Baghlan health department.

Last night the Taliban launched an attack on Doshi district in the province and it was repelled by Afghan forces.

“With the support of our air force, the enemy suffered up to 45 casualties on several fronts,” said Farid Sayedkheli, the commander of the Third Division of the Afghan National Army.

Currently, Afghan forces are taking up positions to defend the provincial capital of Pul-e-Khumri.

Security forces said that they are planning to launch a clearance operation in the area to prevent the Taliban threat to the city.

Share this post

Comment this post