Foreign embassies and organizations in Afghanistan on Thursday said they are evacuating only those Afghans who are eligible to leave the country or who have worked with US forces.
Thousands of Afghans have flocked to Kabul airport attempting to flee after the Taliban took over Kabul on Sunday.
Most of the people in the airport do not have documents to prove that they have worked for the US or any other Western NGOs.
Reports say that the Taliban and US forces have treated people at the airport harshly.
According to the latest information, so far 40 people in the crowds have been killed or seriously injured either from gunfire, stampeding or falling from aircraft as they are taking off.
“There are rumors that the people are leaving, we see people are coming from Herat and Mazar,” said Sefarish, a resident of Mazar-e-Sharif.
“Now it looks peaceful because people do not want to live here,” said Zarghona, a resident of Mazar-e-Sharif who is in Kabul now where many residents are staying inside their homes.
“They shouldn’t listen to the rumors, the people should not rush here, they should stay in their homes, this news is false,” said Azizullah, a resident in Kabul.
“We have been here for the past two or three days, but with no result,” said Hayatullah, a resident in Kabul.
“Similar crowds can be seen in front of embassies,” said Hamza Khpolwak, a member of the Taliban.