The house-to-house searches launched last week by the forces of the Islamic Emirate in Kabul and in some provinces continue despite national and international reactions.
The Islamic Emirate earlier announced that it had launched a“clearing operation” under the command of the Deputy Minister of Defense Mullah Fazal Mazloom. The operation is being conducted by joint forces of the Ministries of Defense and interior as well as the Intelligence Department.
“The weapons, government vehicles, military uniforms have been seized. We have raided some places which were the sanctuaries of the kidnappers,” said Mawlawi Shakir, commander of PD 10 of Kabul city.
The house-to-house searches faced various reactions by Afghan citizens.
“It is better to cooperate with them (Islamic Emirate). If there is no cooperation, there will be no security,” said a resident of Kabul.
“We hope to be in the city with a peaceful mind. I think this house-to-house search benefits us,” said a resident of Kabul.
The Islamic Emirate said that the raids are aiming to provide tightened security in the capital and other provinces.
Relatives of Mustafa Kazimi, a former member of Parliament who was killed in a suicide bombing in 2007 in Baghlan, said that the forces of the Islamic Emirate mistreated them \while raiding their house. According to the family, the Islamic Emirate seized several private vehicles.
But the security officials denied the remarks of Kazimi’s family. (who is he? Don't see him above)
“We have not done anything wrong. We have the leader of the house, a community leader and a religious scholar of the mosque with us. If any decorations are touched—it is usual. But there have not been any intentional actions to break the doors or something,” said Khalid Zadran, a spokesman for the Kabul security department.
Earlier human rights watchdogs expressed concerns over the house-to-house searches in Afghanistan.
There have been reports of house-to-house searches on Wednesday in the province of Balkh.
“This search was aiming to find the child who was kidnapped a few days before and therefore we ordered the search of some places which were suspected,” said Saifullah, commander of the Balkh security department.
Several international officials and human rights watchdogs reacted to the house-to-house searches and called for an immediate end to it.