At least 33 people including children were killed and 43 others were wounded in a blast at a mosque in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz, Islamic Emirate spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said on Twitter.
Condemning the attack, he said efforts are underway to hold the perpetrators accountable.
Eyewitnesses said over 30 people were killed and wounded.
The district security chief, Hafiz Omar, said the blast occurred at 3:30 pm after explosives placed in the Mawlawi Sekandar mosque detonated while many people were there to worship. The mosque is also used as a religious seminary.
The head of the provincial department of information and culture said that there were casualties but did not provide details.
No one has yet claimed responsibility.
Also on Friday a blast occurred near Dunya University in PD7 of Kabul.
The commander of PD7 in Kabul said the explosion was caused by a landmine, and so far there has been one reported injury.
On Thursday, Si-Dukan mosque in Mazar-e-Sharif, capital of Balkh province, left dozens of people killed and wounded. The attack in Balkh was claimed by Daesh.