Latest news
Thumbnail

11 Civilians Killed in Foreign Troops Airstrike in Logar

At least 11 civilians were killed in foreign troop’s airstrike in central Logar province on Wednesday, local officials confirmed on Thursday.

In addition, 16 other insurgents were wounded.

The airstrike took place in part of Pul-e-Alam, the capital of the province after Taliban insurgents reportedly hid in civilian houses and were targeted by foreign troops, provincial governor Haleem Fedaye said.

“Two key Taliban commanders were also killed in the airstrike,” he said.

However, he did not provide further details.

In the meantime, NATO’s Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan said in a statement on Thursday that: “US Forces-Afghanistan is aware of an incident in the Pul-e-Alam district in Logar province this morning with potential civilian casualties.”

The statement said that an official investigation has been launched into the incident.

“United States Forces-Afghanistan takes all allegations of civilian casualties seriously and is working with our Afghan partners to determine the facts surrounding this incident,” it said.

More information will be released as appropriate, the statement added.

This comes after at least 16 civilians, including women and children, were killed in airstrikes by foreign forces in Zerkoh district in Herat province late Monday afternoon.

The attack also left seven more wounded, residents said.

Provincial officials in Herat also confirmed the airstrikes but said a fact finding team has been assigned by the national security council to probe the incident.

11 Civilians Killed in Foreign Troops Airstrike in Logar

The provincial governor said the insurgents had been hiding in civilian houses at the time of the raid. 

Thumbnail

At least 11 civilians were killed in foreign troop’s airstrike in central Logar province on Wednesday, local officials confirmed on Thursday.

In addition, 16 other insurgents were wounded.

The airstrike took place in part of Pul-e-Alam, the capital of the province after Taliban insurgents reportedly hid in civilian houses and were targeted by foreign troops, provincial governor Haleem Fedaye said.

“Two key Taliban commanders were also killed in the airstrike,” he said.

However, he did not provide further details.

In the meantime, NATO’s Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan said in a statement on Thursday that: “US Forces-Afghanistan is aware of an incident in the Pul-e-Alam district in Logar province this morning with potential civilian casualties.”

The statement said that an official investigation has been launched into the incident.

“United States Forces-Afghanistan takes all allegations of civilian casualties seriously and is working with our Afghan partners to determine the facts surrounding this incident,” it said.

More information will be released as appropriate, the statement added.

This comes after at least 16 civilians, including women and children, were killed in airstrikes by foreign forces in Zerkoh district in Herat province late Monday afternoon.

The attack also left seven more wounded, residents said.

Provincial officials in Herat also confirmed the airstrikes but said a fact finding team has been assigned by the national security council to probe the incident.

Share this post