Latest news
Thumbnail

Abdullah Pledges Probe Into Recent Attacks In Kabul

CEO Abdullah Abdullah has said government will launch an independent investigation into the recent attacks in Kabul and those who committed negligence in terms of not preventing the attacks will be prosecuted.

He said the attorney general has already launched a probe into the issue - particularly into the shooting of protestors by security forces.

Meanwhile, the Attorney General’s (AGO) Office has also assured Afghans that it will assess the issue without allowing for any political or ethnic pressure.

The AGO on Sunday announced it had decided to suspend Gul Nabi Ahmadzai, the commander of Kabul Garrison and Kabul police chief Hassan Shah Frogh.

“We assure the people that the issue will be investigated independently and broadly,” said AGO spokesman Jamshid Rasuli.

But government has gone a step further by saying all those who are accused of negligence and those who ordered the shooting on protestors would be punished.

“There will no negligence in the investigation of the three incidents, legal action will be taken against any official on any level who was either involved or committed negligence which led to casualties,” said Abdullah.

The protestors, who are now calling themselves the Uprising for Change, have cautiously welcomed the move by the AGO, but insist all their demands should be met.

“We welcome the suspension of the job of these two officials, but we want the prosecution of all those who played a role in the killing of people, they should be punished,” said a member of Uprising for Change Fahim Fitrat.

On Friday, protestors also called on President Ashraf Ghani and CEO Abdullah Abdullah to step down from their posts.

At least five protestors were killed and several others wounded on Friday after security forces opened fire on them in Kabul just two days after a deadly truck bombing in Kabul left over 150 people dead and hundreds more wounded.

Abdullah Pledges Probe Into Recent Attacks In Kabul

The CEO had been speaking a day after the AGO announced the suspension of the Kabul Garrison commander and the Kabul police chief.

Thumbnail

CEO Abdullah Abdullah has said government will launch an independent investigation into the recent attacks in Kabul and those who committed negligence in terms of not preventing the attacks will be prosecuted.

He said the attorney general has already launched a probe into the issue - particularly into the shooting of protestors by security forces.

Meanwhile, the Attorney General’s (AGO) Office has also assured Afghans that it will assess the issue without allowing for any political or ethnic pressure.

The AGO on Sunday announced it had decided to suspend Gul Nabi Ahmadzai, the commander of Kabul Garrison and Kabul police chief Hassan Shah Frogh.

“We assure the people that the issue will be investigated independently and broadly,” said AGO spokesman Jamshid Rasuli.

But government has gone a step further by saying all those who are accused of negligence and those who ordered the shooting on protestors would be punished.

“There will no negligence in the investigation of the three incidents, legal action will be taken against any official on any level who was either involved or committed negligence which led to casualties,” said Abdullah.

The protestors, who are now calling themselves the Uprising for Change, have cautiously welcomed the move by the AGO, but insist all their demands should be met.

“We welcome the suspension of the job of these two officials, but we want the prosecution of all those who played a role in the killing of people, they should be punished,” said a member of Uprising for Change Fahim Fitrat.

On Friday, protestors also called on President Ashraf Ghani and CEO Abdullah Abdullah to step down from their posts.

At least five protestors were killed and several others wounded on Friday after security forces opened fire on them in Kabul just two days after a deadly truck bombing in Kabul left over 150 people dead and hundreds more wounded.

Share this post