Daesh has issued a statement claiming responsibility for Tuesday’s suicide bombing outside the Supreme Court in Kabul which killed 21 people.
In the statement, the group said the attack was carried out by a Tajik national but did not provide further details about the attack.
Officials confirmed on Tuesday night the death toll following the suicide bombing outside the Supreme Court in Kabul had risen to 21.
Public Health Ministry officials said among the dead were nine women.
In addition, 41 people were wounded. Officials said a number of wounded were still in critical condition in the Kabul Emergency Hospital.
The incident took place at about 3:45 when court staff were leaving for home.
Reports indicated that most of the casualties had been civilians.
In June 2013 an explosion occurred in the same place - killing 17 people and injuring 39 others.