A fire broke out at the Afghan forces' coordination center in Mahmud-e-Raqi in Kapisa province on Monday morning, an official told Pajhwok.
According to the news agency, Qais Qaderi, the governor’s spokesman, said the fire erupted due to an electrical short circuit in the dining hall of the center at around 11am.
Losses resulting from the blaze were yet to be assessed, he said, adding firefighters from neighboring Parwan province had also been called in to help extinguish the blaze.
He said firefighters from Kapisa alone were not able to deal with the fire as fears had been raised that the fire could spread to an adjoining weapons depot.
The fire was however brought under control.