Latest news
Thumbnail

Forces Push Back Taliban From Seyagerd’s Fandoqestan Valley

The Afghan forces regained control of Fandoqestan valley of Seyagerd district of northern Parwan province early Wednesday after it collapsed to the Taliban late last week. 

Zaman Mamuzai, provincial police chief said that the Afghan security forces launched a military operation early Wednesday with the support of the airforces.

“The Taliban fled the area and went to Wardak province. The forces have also seized vehicles and weapons from the insurgents. The forces now have control of the area,” Mamuzai said adding that “two security forces were wounded during the operation.”

However, he did not provide further details about the operation nor about casualties among the insurgents. 

Over 2,000 people were displaced from the valley due to clashes in the past five days, according to officials.

Two girls were also killed and seven other civilians were wounded.

Taliban in a statement has rejected the report, claiming that the area has not been retaken by the Afghan forces.

Forces Push Back Taliban From Seyagerd’s Fandoqestan Valley

Afghan security forces have regained the key valley in Seyagerd district of northern Parwan province. 

Thumbnail

The Afghan forces regained control of Fandoqestan valley of Seyagerd district of northern Parwan province early Wednesday after it collapsed to the Taliban late last week. 

Zaman Mamuzai, provincial police chief said that the Afghan security forces launched a military operation early Wednesday with the support of the airforces.

“The Taliban fled the area and went to Wardak province. The forces have also seized vehicles and weapons from the insurgents. The forces now have control of the area,” Mamuzai said adding that “two security forces were wounded during the operation.”

However, he did not provide further details about the operation nor about casualties among the insurgents. 

Over 2,000 people were displaced from the valley due to clashes in the past five days, according to officials.

Two girls were also killed and seven other civilians were wounded.

Taliban in a statement has rejected the report, claiming that the area has not been retaken by the Afghan forces.

Share this post