Minister of Interior Wais Ahmad Barmak on Monday said at least eight people have been arrested in connection with the recent spate of attacks in Kabul city.
He said government will share the outcome of the investigation into the attacks in a week.
Barmak did not rule out the involvement of infiltrators in the attacks.
According to Barmak, teams from the National Security Council (NSC), National Directorate of Security (NDS) and the Ministry of Interior (MoI) are working to wrap up their investigation into the attacks.
“We hope to complete the investigation in a week to two weeks, the plotters of the recent incidents and the address of the perpetrators are also available,” said Barmak.
Although, CEO Abdullah Abdullah had said that the identities of insurgents involved in the attack will be disclosed, government has so far not disclosed the names of the suspects or of those wanted in connection with the attacks.
“We want the security institutions to determine security of not only Kabul city, but also to improve the security situation all over Afghanistan,” said Abdullah.
The attack on the Intercontinental Hotel was allegedly plotted by infiltrators inside government and private institutions.
“As long as these intruders exist inside the system, we cannot fix the problem unless we reform it,” said Zarif Naseeri, former military officer.
Based on statistics, over 2,044 people were killed and wounded in 154 attacks across the country in the past month.
Of these, almost 1,000 people were killed and wounded in Kabul alone.