Latest news
تصویر بندانگشتی

Last Week ‘Deadliest’ in 19 Years of War: NSC

The Afghan government considers last week to be the bloodiest week of the country's war.
 
The National Security Council said Monday the Taliban had carried out 422 "terrorist activities" in 32 provinces last week, "killing 291 government troops and wounding 550 others."
 
While the nation anticipates the beginning of the intra-Afghan talks and violence levels to reduce, the National Security Council has accused the Taliban of escalating violence, saying last week was the deadliest week in 19 years of war.
 
"The past week was the deadliest of the past 19 years. Taliban carried out 422 attacks in 32 provinces, martyring 291 ANDSF members and wounding 550 others. Taliban's commitment to reduce violence is meaningless, and their actions inconsistent with their rhetoric on peace," said Javid Faisal, NSC spokesman.
 
Meanwhile, the acting ministers of defense, interior affairs, as well as the NDS director were summoned to the Afghan parliament on Monday for questioning over the rise of security incidents and crime.
 
"Today, we have called the acting interior minister and NDS acting director to the hall to respond to questions regarding irresponsible people, criminal acts and unsolved murders,” said Mir Rahman Rahmani, parliament speaker.
 
In this meeting, a number of members of the House of Representatives said the spread of insecurity, the increase in criminal offenses and the freedom of movement of illegal gunmen is due to the irresponsibility and recklessness of the officials of the security, intelligence and defense agencies.
 
“There is insecurity, there is war, highways are on the verge of collapse, there is terror, there is kidnapping,” said Khan Agha Rezaee, head of the internal security commission of the Afghan parliament.
 
“A number of commanders were criminals, but the minister of the interior introduced them as police commanders,” said Khalid Asad, MP.
 
“We can no longer witness the killing of our brothers and children, and no one is responsible,” said Khadeja Alham, MP.
 
But before the acting Defense Minister Assadullah Khalid answered accusations he called for the general session to continue without the presence of the media.
 
“If the cameras are turned off we and our friends can speak freely,” said Khalid, acting defense minister.
 
But at the end of the session a number of lawmakers said that security officials only wanted to hide their failure by holding secret sessions and calling off the media.
 
“They (security, defense, and intelligence officials) did not respond reasonably to the deteriorating security situation,” said Nasir Farahi, MP.
 
The Taliban has denied the NSC claims about the increasing violence, saying such reports could damage the negotiation process.
 
Former President Hamid Karzai has expressed concern over the continuing violence in the country and called for talks between Afghans to begin.

Last Week ‘Deadliest’ in 19 Years of War: NSC

The Taliban has denied the NSC claims about the increasing violence, saying such reports could damage the negotiation process.

تصویر بندانگشتی

The Afghan government considers last week to be the bloodiest week of the country's war.
 
The National Security Council said Monday the Taliban had carried out 422 "terrorist activities" in 32 provinces last week, "killing 291 government troops and wounding 550 others."
 
While the nation anticipates the beginning of the intra-Afghan talks and violence levels to reduce, the National Security Council has accused the Taliban of escalating violence, saying last week was the deadliest week in 19 years of war.
 
"The past week was the deadliest of the past 19 years. Taliban carried out 422 attacks in 32 provinces, martyring 291 ANDSF members and wounding 550 others. Taliban's commitment to reduce violence is meaningless, and their actions inconsistent with their rhetoric on peace," said Javid Faisal, NSC spokesman.
 
Meanwhile, the acting ministers of defense, interior affairs, as well as the NDS director were summoned to the Afghan parliament on Monday for questioning over the rise of security incidents and crime.
 
"Today, we have called the acting interior minister and NDS acting director to the hall to respond to questions regarding irresponsible people, criminal acts and unsolved murders,” said Mir Rahman Rahmani, parliament speaker.
 
In this meeting, a number of members of the House of Representatives said the spread of insecurity, the increase in criminal offenses and the freedom of movement of illegal gunmen is due to the irresponsibility and recklessness of the officials of the security, intelligence and defense agencies.
 
“There is insecurity, there is war, highways are on the verge of collapse, there is terror, there is kidnapping,” said Khan Agha Rezaee, head of the internal security commission of the Afghan parliament.
 
“A number of commanders were criminals, but the minister of the interior introduced them as police commanders,” said Khalid Asad, MP.
 
“We can no longer witness the killing of our brothers and children, and no one is responsible,” said Khadeja Alham, MP.
 
But before the acting Defense Minister Assadullah Khalid answered accusations he called for the general session to continue without the presence of the media.
 
“If the cameras are turned off we and our friends can speak freely,” said Khalid, acting defense minister.
 
But at the end of the session a number of lawmakers said that security officials only wanted to hide their failure by holding secret sessions and calling off the media.
 
“They (security, defense, and intelligence officials) did not respond reasonably to the deteriorating security situation,” said Nasir Farahi, MP.
 
The Taliban has denied the NSC claims about the increasing violence, saying such reports could damage the negotiation process.
 
Former President Hamid Karzai has expressed concern over the continuing violence in the country and called for talks between Afghans to begin.

Share this post

Comment this post