A mass grave containing remains of 25 bodies has been discovered in Bagram district near the US-run Airbase in northern Parwan province Tuesday, local officials said.
The local officials said that the mass grave and testimonies show that the victims had first been blindfolded and tied up, and then buried alive.
The provincial governor General Abdul Baseer Salangi said that primary investigations show that the bodies were buried 30 years ago in the mass grave.
"They [communists] called them bandits and had taken them to the desert and buried them using cranes and bulldozers during the night,"
Meanwhile, some residents of the Bagram district believe that the perpetrators of this massacre are currently in Kabul and the government should prosecute them."
"We are unhappy with all government including governor and district governor. They could at least come here and share our grief. We ask Mr Karzai to punish all those perpetrators who have committed these crimes," Nasratullah, a resident of the district said.
Some residents thought remains of their relatives were also in the mass grave.
"Eight persons from my family including my father, uncles and two cousins have been martyred here," Mumtaz Ahmad a resident of Bagram district said.
The residents buried the remains in a separate grave.
Officials said that the mass graves which have so far been discovered in the country, have been opened by local residents unprofessionally, adding that all signs of crimes in the bodies have been erased making investigation more difficult.