Shamshad TV news director Abed Ehsas said after Tuesday’s attack that such incidents against the media will not prevent journalists from doing their work and getting stories out to the people.
This comes after attackers stormed Shamshad TV station on Tuesday morning after detonating explosives at their gate.
At least two other insurgents entered the building and started randomly shooting Shamshad TV staff.
Ehsas said: “It was an attack on the media and on the people’s voice. It was not the first attack and probably it will not be the last attack (on media).
“We have resistance and the wounded have been brought to hospital and no one can silence the voice of the media.
Ehsas said the staff had been in their offices when the attackers entered the building wearing police uniforms.
“They threw hand grenades at our security guards,” he said.
According to him one security guard was killed and others were wounded.
Ehsas said the attackers then stormed their news offices and “started shooting at anyone in their sight”.
He said most of the staff escaped – even by jumping out the windows.
When asked about whether they had received any threat before the attack, he said for media workers in the country, the threat is ongoing.
But he said they had not received any reports of a planned attack against them.
At least two people, including one woman, are believed to have been killed in Tuesday’s attack. At least 20 staffers and journalists were also wounded in the incident.
The Taliban immediately rejected any involvement in the attack but Daesh later claimed responsibility.