Latest news
Thumbnail

Taliban-Controlled District in Nangarhar Cleared

Security officials in Nangarhar province on Tuesday said that Sherzad district was fully cleared of the Taliban as the result of a two-month-long military operation.

District governor Mubarez Khadem said that during the operation areas had been cleared that had been under Taliban control for the past ten years.

Khadem said that security forces are ready to respond to any attack by the Taliban.

“Sometimes the enemy returns but when they do we mount strong operations against them,” said Khadem.

“Security forces fought with the enemy and cleared the area with a sucessful operation conducted by joint Afghan security forces.

Soon people of Hasarak and Khogyani districts will also live in a safe environment and their children will resume their education, like normal,” said Mohammad Ayoub Hussainkhail, commander of the Afghan border forces in the east.

Hussainkhail also called on Taliban members to join the peace process or they will be eliminated.

Officials claimed that the Taliban have suffered heavy casualties but are not giving details.

Military officials pledged that military operations will also be conducted in the Hasarak district to eliminate insurgents.

No details were provided regarding the casualties of the security forces.

The Taliban have yet to comment about the officials’ claims.

Taliban-Controlled District in Nangarhar Cleared

Security officials in the east warned the Taliban to join the peace process or be eliminated.

Thumbnail

Security officials in Nangarhar province on Tuesday said that Sherzad district was fully cleared of the Taliban as the result of a two-month-long military operation.

District governor Mubarez Khadem said that during the operation areas had been cleared that had been under Taliban control for the past ten years.

Khadem said that security forces are ready to respond to any attack by the Taliban.

“Sometimes the enemy returns but when they do we mount strong operations against them,” said Khadem.

“Security forces fought with the enemy and cleared the area with a sucessful operation conducted by joint Afghan security forces.

Soon people of Hasarak and Khogyani districts will also live in a safe environment and their children will resume their education, like normal,” said Mohammad Ayoub Hussainkhail, commander of the Afghan border forces in the east.

Hussainkhail also called on Taliban members to join the peace process or they will be eliminated.

Officials claimed that the Taliban have suffered heavy casualties but are not giving details.

Military officials pledged that military operations will also be conducted in the Hasarak district to eliminate insurgents.

No details were provided regarding the casualties of the security forces.

The Taliban have yet to comment about the officials’ claims.

Share this post