Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

Trump Calls Ghani Following Deadly Kabul Attack

The U.S President Donald Trump called President Ashraf Ghani to convey his deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in the “murderous attack that took place Wednesday morning near the diplomatic zone in Kabul”, the White House said in a statement.

Trump condemned the attack, which occurred during the Holy Month of Ramadan, underscoring “the barbaric nature of the terrorists who are enemies of all civilized peoples,” the statement said.

He commended the bravery of Afghan first responders, who worked quickly to help the wounded.

“He also commended Afghan security forces for their steadfast efforts to defend the Afghan people from enemies who would seek to deny them the security and prosperity they so richly deserve. The United States Embassy is working with our Afghan and Coalition partners to assist the victims and help the National Unity Government pursue those responsible for this criminal attack,” the statement read.

On the 5th day of Ramadan, a sacred month for Muslims around the world, Kabul witnessed a massive explosion which claimed more than 80 lives and wounded more than 400 people – mostly civilians including women, children and media workers.

Sources said a truck used to empty sewerage tanks had been loaded with 1,500 kgs of explosives.

The incident took place at 8:22am Kabul time in front of the German Embassy and Roshan telecommunications company in Kabul in the Wazir Akbar Khan area.

Meanwhile, U.S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also strongly condemned the attack and said: “We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who were killed and injured, including our Afghan partners, members of the diplomatic and international communities, and many innocent Afghan citizens. We pray for a speedy recovery to the American and Afghan members of our mission staff and others who were injured in this attack, and we praise the Afghan Security Forces, police, and medical professionals who were the first responders to the scene,” Tillerson said.

“In the face of this senseless and cowardly act, the U.S commitment to Afghanistan is unwavering; the United States stands with the government and the people of Afghanistan and will continue to support their efforts to achieve peace, security, and prosperity for their country,” he said.

Afghanistan

Trump Calls Ghani Following Deadly Kabul Attack

U.S President Donald Trump called President Ashraf Ghani to pass on condolences after the truck bombing that killed over 80 people.

Thumbnail

The U.S President Donald Trump called President Ashraf Ghani to convey his deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in the “murderous attack that took place Wednesday morning near the diplomatic zone in Kabul”, the White House said in a statement.

Trump condemned the attack, which occurred during the Holy Month of Ramadan, underscoring “the barbaric nature of the terrorists who are enemies of all civilized peoples,” the statement said.

He commended the bravery of Afghan first responders, who worked quickly to help the wounded.

“He also commended Afghan security forces for their steadfast efforts to defend the Afghan people from enemies who would seek to deny them the security and prosperity they so richly deserve. The United States Embassy is working with our Afghan and Coalition partners to assist the victims and help the National Unity Government pursue those responsible for this criminal attack,” the statement read.

On the 5th day of Ramadan, a sacred month for Muslims around the world, Kabul witnessed a massive explosion which claimed more than 80 lives and wounded more than 400 people – mostly civilians including women, children and media workers.

Sources said a truck used to empty sewerage tanks had been loaded with 1,500 kgs of explosives.

The incident took place at 8:22am Kabul time in front of the German Embassy and Roshan telecommunications company in Kabul in the Wazir Akbar Khan area.

Meanwhile, U.S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also strongly condemned the attack and said: “We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who were killed and injured, including our Afghan partners, members of the diplomatic and international communities, and many innocent Afghan citizens. We pray for a speedy recovery to the American and Afghan members of our mission staff and others who were injured in this attack, and we praise the Afghan Security Forces, police, and medical professionals who were the first responders to the scene,” Tillerson said.

“In the face of this senseless and cowardly act, the U.S commitment to Afghanistan is unwavering; the United States stands with the government and the people of Afghanistan and will continue to support their efforts to achieve peace, security, and prosperity for their country,” he said.

Share this post