Pakistan's Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif said the US has handed over to Pakistan a list of names of 75 militants they want action taken against.
However, the Mumbai attack mastermind and banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed's name was not on the list, said Asif.
Hafiz Saeed, who carries a $10 million USD bounty on his head for his role in terror activities, has been under house arrest in Pakistan since January this year.
According the Express Tribune Asif told senators during a session of parliament's upper house that the US has "handed over a list of 75 militants while we gave them a list of around 100 terrorists."
The list was passed on during US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's visit to Islamabad on Tuesday.
"The Haqqani network is on the top of the (US) list but none of the militants are Pakistanis," Asif told senators.
Meanwhile, Saeed, a Pakistani citizen, headed the JuD which was listed as a foreign terrorist organisation by the US in 2014.
According to the Express Tribune, Asif said the US had been told that Pakistan no longer had influence over the Afghan Taliban as it did in the past.
"Neither are we supporting them (Afghan Taliban), nor do they need our help," Asif said.
"Somebody else is sponsoring them now," he added, without elaborating on it.
The Express Tribune also stated that Asif asserted that many of the key Taliban names on the list were now shadow governors in Afghanistan or no longer alive.
During his meeting with the Pakistani leaders, Tillerson renewed the US's demand for tough action against the Taliban and the Haqqani network.