Latest news
Thumbnail

Govt Subsidizing Exporters By 70% If They Ship By Air

The government has provided $2 million in subsidies to exporters since the launch of air corridors between Afghanistan and various countries around the world, a senior presidential advisor said on Monday.

According to government officials, 70 percent of the transit costs of the domestic products sent abroad via the air corridors is provided by government, and so far, Afghanistan has exported products worth of $70 million to world markets on 233 cargo flights.

These include 3,359 tons of agricultural produce, handicrafts, dry fruits and Qaraqul pelts, said the officials.

“Besides Indian and regional countries, currently, we are exporting our products to countries such as Italy, Finland and other countries,” said Sameer Rasa, the Head of the PR Office of the Senior Advisor to the President in Banking & Finance.

Meanwhile, officials from the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) described the operation of air corridors between Afghanistan and other countries as being important in the plan to boost Afghanistan’s development.

ACCI statistics show that Afghan businessmen have achieved more than $9 million in profit by exporting their products through air corridors.

“The opening of air corridors, besides creating more profit, also help us to send our products to world markets. Currently, people recognize Afghan products under the name of Afghanistan,” said ACCI deputy chief Khan Jan Alokozai.

Currently, exporters pay 30 percent of the overall costs of the products they export abroad via air cargo while the remaining 70 percent is provided by the government as a subsidy. 

Govt Subsidizing Exporters By 70% If They Ship By Air

ACCI statistics show that Afghan businessmen have made over $9 million in profit by exporting their products through air corridors.

Thumbnail

The government has provided $2 million in subsidies to exporters since the launch of air corridors between Afghanistan and various countries around the world, a senior presidential advisor said on Monday.

According to government officials, 70 percent of the transit costs of the domestic products sent abroad via the air corridors is provided by government, and so far, Afghanistan has exported products worth of $70 million to world markets on 233 cargo flights.

These include 3,359 tons of agricultural produce, handicrafts, dry fruits and Qaraqul pelts, said the officials.

“Besides Indian and regional countries, currently, we are exporting our products to countries such as Italy, Finland and other countries,” said Sameer Rasa, the Head of the PR Office of the Senior Advisor to the President in Banking & Finance.

Meanwhile, officials from the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) described the operation of air corridors between Afghanistan and other countries as being important in the plan to boost Afghanistan’s development.

ACCI statistics show that Afghan businessmen have achieved more than $9 million in profit by exporting their products through air corridors.

“The opening of air corridors, besides creating more profit, also help us to send our products to world markets. Currently, people recognize Afghan products under the name of Afghanistan,” said ACCI deputy chief Khan Jan Alokozai.

Currently, exporters pay 30 percent of the overall costs of the products they export abroad via air cargo while the remaining 70 percent is provided by the government as a subsidy. 

Share this post