Abdullah Abdullah’s campaign team held a press conference on Friday, with member Asadullah Sadati saying: “We will not, under any conditions, accept fraudulent votes.”
“In the 2014 election, we knew there was fraud, but we didn’t know where it came from. But now we know where these votes come from,” Sadati told reporters.
He referenced the IEC-acknowledged “missing” biometric devices:
"Still no news over the missing biometric devices, and the IEC will not even take action against those who were responsible for the devices," said Sadati, adding that "maybe the missing biometric devices have been used in someone’s interest."
Referring to the vulnerability of the biometric devices to allow for the manipulation of the time stamp, Sadati said:
“We have clear evidence that votes even came in at night, while the voting process had been finished for hours. How is that acceptable?”
Abdullah’s team, Sadadti said, has a copy of the agreement between the IEC and Dermalog company that is very clear about what time the voting process started and ended.
“Even votes came in hours before and after the voting hours,” he said. "300,000 votes are fraudulent votes and they are still on the server.”
"We want the votes in the database to be clean,” Sadati said, adding that "repeated votes, and votes coming from outside the polling center, are a crime and action must be taken."
"It doesn’t matter which candidate the redundant votes are for—we must think about the standard," Sadati said, continuing: "We want all fraudulent votes to be separated out.”
“The IEC doesn’t have the authority to decide who will become president, and they must respect the people’s vote and do their job,” he added.
Abdullah’s team has previously mentioned categories of “invalid” votes:
• 137,630 votes that are under server quarantine.
• 102,012 votes that were cast before or after election day.
• Votes validated by duplicate photos or photos of photos.
• Votes from 700 devices and memory cards that were lost.
On Wednesday, the IEC said the announcement of the preliminary presidential polling results would once again be postponed because of complaints about invalid votes.
Aurangzib, an IEC commissioner, said the announcement originally scheduled for Thursday, November 14, must be pushed farther out due to “tensions” hindering the vote recounting process at “8,000 polling stations.”
IEC spokesman Aziz Ahmad Ibrahimi said the vote recount was halted across Afghanistan to address the complaints of the candidates, and that “the recounting process has temporarily stopped across the country until next guidance.”
A number of presidential candidates have urged the IEC to purge the “invalid” votes from the database and start the recounting process.
Earlier, presidential candidate Rahmatullah Nabil called out a “certain election campaign team” multiple times, saying it had committed “large-scale fraud” and is trying to gain power through “rigging and fraud,” saying that everyone has a responsibility to stand against such acts.
Also on Monday, presidential candidate and Hizb-e-Islami, leader Gulbuddin Hekmatyar at a press conference in Kabul claimed that 44 percent of the presidential election votes are not valid.