Latest news
Thumbnail
Health

Health Official: Avoid Movement and Gatherings

The Public Health Ministry spokesman Wahidullah Mayar at a press conference in Kabul on Monday said that the number of the positive cases of COVID-19 will increase in the country in the upcoming days.

Mayar again urged people in Herat to avoid movement in the city, saying: “We want the same lockdown in Herat as in other cities in the world and it is very important.”

“If the people do not listen to the Ministry of Public Health and avoid gatherings and other activities in Herat, than we will face a disaster,” he said, adding: “The number of positive cases will increase in the country in upcoming days.”

“Coronavirus is not a joke and it must me be taken seriously,” said Mayar, who said “most of the country is not able to control the virus.”

On Sunday, the Public Health Minister Ferozuddin Feroz told TOLOnews that six more positive cases of COVID-19 were reported in Afghanistan.

Three new cases were from Herat, two were in Farah and one in Ghor. With this, there are 40 cases total in Afghanistan.

This comes as the Ministry of Public Health on Sunday evening confirmed that a 40-year-old man in Balkh died of coronavirus three days ago.

Khalilullah Hekmati, head of Balkh's public health directorate, said the result of the man’s coronavirus test came back positive today.

The man died in Chemtal district, in the northern province of Balkh, and his case is the only one to be reported so far in the province.

Health

Health Official: Avoid Movement and Gatherings

Coronavirus is not a joke and it must be taken seriously,” the Health Ministry’s spokesman warned.

Thumbnail

The Public Health Ministry spokesman Wahidullah Mayar at a press conference in Kabul on Monday said that the number of the positive cases of COVID-19 will increase in the country in the upcoming days.

Mayar again urged people in Herat to avoid movement in the city, saying: “We want the same lockdown in Herat as in other cities in the world and it is very important.”

“If the people do not listen to the Ministry of Public Health and avoid gatherings and other activities in Herat, than we will face a disaster,” he said, adding: “The number of positive cases will increase in the country in upcoming days.”

“Coronavirus is not a joke and it must me be taken seriously,” said Mayar, who said “most of the country is not able to control the virus.”

On Sunday, the Public Health Minister Ferozuddin Feroz told TOLOnews that six more positive cases of COVID-19 were reported in Afghanistan.

Three new cases were from Herat, two were in Farah and one in Ghor. With this, there are 40 cases total in Afghanistan.

This comes as the Ministry of Public Health on Sunday evening confirmed that a 40-year-old man in Balkh died of coronavirus three days ago.

Khalilullah Hekmati, head of Balkh's public health directorate, said the result of the man’s coronavirus test came back positive today.

The man died in Chemtal district, in the northern province of Balkh, and his case is the only one to be reported so far in the province.

Share this post