Latest news
Thumbnail

Central Bank Still Refrains Information on Kabul Attack

The commission of access to information on Sunday blamed the Central Bank for being one of the most restricted government institutions in terms of providing access to information to journalists two weeks after the attack on its employees in Kabul.

The attack on November 7 in the Makrorayan-e-Char area in Kabul killed three employees of the bank, including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash. 

The commission said the bank should make public the information about the attack. 

“The Central Bank not only has refrained information on the incident to journalists, but also, we had many other instances that the bank has been asked in letters by the commission in certain cases, but it has not received information,” said Ainuddin Bahaduri, head of the commission.  

The Central Bank on Saturday said the GPS information and the CCTV recordings have been handed to security agencies for investigation. But Siawash’s family said the incident requires in-depth investigation. 

The Central Bank condemned the attack and expressed its condolences to the families of the victims in its statement issued on Saturday evening. 

“The GPS information on the car that was attacked the CCTV footage and the parking area and the return of the vehicle, all have been shared with security institutions,” said Esmat Kohsar, head of media office of the bank. 

The Central Bank acting governor Ajmal Ahmadi and other officials of the bank declined to comment on the matter despite repeated contacts by TOLOnews and other journalists who are collectively following the matter. 

Another member of the access to information commission, Hamdullah Arbab, said his vehicle was targeted by a magnetic IED blast one and a half months ago in which his driver was killed, but so far, he has not received details about the investigation of the incident. 

“We have not received an official contact in this respect so far,” he said. 

Siawash’s family last week called for thorough investigation into the incident. Siawash’s father has said that he will take the issue to the International Criminal Court if it is not addressed here.

Central Bank Still Refrains Information on Kabul Attack

The Central Bank says it has shared GPS information and CCTV recordings with security institutions. 

Thumbnail

The commission of access to information on Sunday blamed the Central Bank for being one of the most restricted government institutions in terms of providing access to information to journalists two weeks after the attack on its employees in Kabul.

The attack on November 7 in the Makrorayan-e-Char area in Kabul killed three employees of the bank, including former TOLOnews presenter Yama Siawash. 

The commission said the bank should make public the information about the attack. 

“The Central Bank not only has refrained information on the incident to journalists, but also, we had many other instances that the bank has been asked in letters by the commission in certain cases, but it has not received information,” said Ainuddin Bahaduri, head of the commission.  

The Central Bank on Saturday said the GPS information and the CCTV recordings have been handed to security agencies for investigation. But Siawash’s family said the incident requires in-depth investigation. 

The Central Bank condemned the attack and expressed its condolences to the families of the victims in its statement issued on Saturday evening. 

“The GPS information on the car that was attacked the CCTV footage and the parking area and the return of the vehicle, all have been shared with security institutions,” said Esmat Kohsar, head of media office of the bank. 

The Central Bank acting governor Ajmal Ahmadi and other officials of the bank declined to comment on the matter despite repeated contacts by TOLOnews and other journalists who are collectively following the matter. 

Another member of the access to information commission, Hamdullah Arbab, said his vehicle was targeted by a magnetic IED blast one and a half months ago in which his driver was killed, but so far, he has not received details about the investigation of the incident. 

“We have not received an official contact in this respect so far,” he said. 

Siawash’s family last week called for thorough investigation into the incident. Siawash’s father has said that he will take the issue to the International Criminal Court if it is not addressed here.

Share this post