Two people were killed in an attack by unidentified armed men in the city of Herat on Monday morning, the provincial governor Waheed Qatali said.
The incident happened in Sayed Mukhtar area in the north of Herat city this morning after unidentified armed men opened fire on the vehicle of the deputy NDS head in which his driver and a security guard were killled, Qalai said.
“The NDS official was not in his car when the attack happened,” he said.
In the meantime, a security source said that “the unidentified armed men have stolen the vehicle and some weapons following the attack.”
Local security officials have not yet commented over the incident.
No group so far has claimed responsibility for the attack.