At least two people were killed and ten others were wounded after members allegedly belonging to local forces opened fire on a gathering at a wedding party in Nangarhar on Friday, the family claimed on Saturday.
According to the family, the incident took place on Friday night in Marghondai village of Surkroad district.
The family claims that the forces belonged to a local checkpoint.
“I told them that they are young--let them play the music-- but they dragged me back and opened fire, some of the boys were wounded and two others were killed,” said Noor Hazrat, a family member of the victims.
The Islamic Emirate spokesmen said the gunmen do not belong to the Islamic Emirate, adding the incident was caused by a personal dispute.
Local officials confirmed the incident and said an investigation had been launched.
A security source told TOLOnews that two perpetrators had been arrested for firing.
The witness said the attackers also broke the musical instruments.
“It was nearly midnight. Three people entered the house. One of them broke the musical instruments and then went out and then opened fire on approximately 50 people,” said Abdul Bassir, a witness.
The wounded were transferred to the provincial hospital.
“A person was shot in the leg. I wanted to help him. When I drove the car, one of them told me to go but another one opened fire,” said Abdul Fawad, one of the wounded.
“They opened fire and then escaped,” said Sayed Akbar, one of the wounded.