The suicide attack on the Kaaj educational center in Kabul has been condemned by the Uzbek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Russian Embassy in Kabul, the EU envoy, and a number of other organizations.
“Today’s heinous attack in a Hazara area of Kabul claimed the lives of students, boys and girls, who were taking exams. It is time for the Taliban to fulfil their obligations to ensure safety of all Afghans,” said Josep Borrell Fontelles, High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.
"Strongly condemning another act of violence, we call on you to take all measures to identify the organizers and perpetrators of this cynical and inhuman attack," the Uzbek Foreign Ministry said. (UZ DAILY)
“Reports show that young women from Afghanistan’s Hazara Shia were the majority of the victims of Friday's attack in Kabul. When killed for the simple act of taking an exam this only means that Afghanistan has become a place where women and girls are nowhere safe,” UN Women Afghanistan tweeted.
Meanwhile, families who lost their daughters in this attack asked the Islamic Emirate to ensure the safety of the students.
In the attack on the Kaaj educational center on Friday, seventeen-year-old Shabnam, a student in the 12th grade, was killed.
"We were all in the classroom studying when we heard a loud noise. We all hid behind the chairs,” said Sabrina, Shabnam's sister.
"These young girls are pursuing their education in order to advance the nation. Their security needed to be ensured,” said Shir Mohammad Bakhtiari, Shabnam's father.
"My daughter dreamed of becoming a doctor and treating me, but now she has died with all her dreams,” said Shabnam's mother Bakhtiari.
The death toll of the attack on the Kaaj educational center has risen to 25 people, according to the Ministry of Interior (MoI).
However, witnesses of the incident say that there were more people killed and injured in this attack than the numbers that have been published.
"The suicide bomber (caused) forty people to die. It was a lie that 19 individuals had been killed,” said the eyewitness.
"I don't know what future we will have; we don't have a clear future,” said a student of Kaaj educational center.
The Islamic Emirate's Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced the attack and said that it was carried out by the Afghan people's enemies.
"The Islamic Emirate does not believe in the religious, ethnic, or political divide of Afghan nationals and considers itself accountable for the lives of all Afghans," said Hafiz Zia Ahmad Takal, the deputy spokesman for the foreign ministry.