A number of families of the victims of the Sardar Daud Hospital attack in Kabul have called on the Ministry of Defense (MoD) to make public the findings of their investigation.
TOLOnews’ Tamim Hamid spoke to Seddiqa, a mother who lost her husband and a young son in the incident.
Seddiqa urged government to address the problems of the bereaved families and said the details must not be kept secret but made public.
Meanwhile, the Defense Minister’s Assistant for Strategic Defense of International Affairs and head of the hospital attack fact-finding team, Lieutenant General Helaluddin Helal, said the investigations are ongoing and details will be shared with the people in the near future.
“The number of martyrs reached 50 but the number of wounded is far lower as I mentioned to you. We have not kept anything secret about this matter from the Afghan nation,” he said.
More than 50 people were killed and over 90 others were wounded in the attack earlier this month.
This comes after the security ministers – including the interior and defense ministers and head of the National Directorate of Security – appeared before the Wolesi Jirga, (the Lower House of Parliament), on Monday to brief MPs about recent security incidents, particularly the hospital attack.
However, the top security officials survived the impeachment vote.