The Ministry of Defense’s (MoD) spokesman Major General Dawlat Waziri said at a press conference on Thursday the names of those who assisted attackers during the assault on Sardar Daud Military Hospital in Kabul last month would be disclosed within the next few days.
Waziri said part of the fact-finding team’s task has been completed and that they found 11 out of 24 people arrested in connection with the attack are hospital employees.
“Work on the issue on who helped in the attack and who paved the ground for it has not ended and this is being assessed by the National Directorate of Security,” he said.
According to him, nine of the 11 employees have been removed and the two remaining officials have been suspended and introduced to the court.
“The 11 officials include a military general who served as a medical support commander at the hospital and a colonel who worked as an intelligence manager at the facility, three lieutenant colonels, one intelligence official and an executive officer (among others),” he said.
Meanwhile, Fatima Aziz, an MP from Kunduz, said the fact-finding team has not yet prepared a comprehensive report.
“Officials vowed to find the facts within two weeks and prepare a good report for the people of Afghanistan; but unfortunately they have not done this yet,” she said.
At the same event, the Resolute Support mission’s spokesman Captain Bill Salvin said 90 percent of the military hospital had been repaired following the deadly attack in March and the remaining repairs will be done this week.
“The Resolute Support is paying for the restoration of 50 rooms, two X-Ray machines, seven monitors with servers, new imaging units and laboratory equipment,” he said.