Afghanistan Football Federation won the award for aspiring member association of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) for 2017.
Afghanistan was nominated for the award in the same category with Guam Football Association.
The ceremony was held in Thailand where athletes from 47 countries had participated.
The Asian Football Confederation last month announced the full list of nominees for this year's AFC Annual Awards.
The AFC Member Association of the Year Award 2017
The prestigious award is given to a Member Association in recognition of its professional administration and governance as well as its exceptional contribution to the development and promotion of the game at all levels within the country.
This includes grassroots and youth development work, women's football development and social responsibility.
Recognizing the diversity of MA’s in terms of facilities and resources and looking to ensure that more MAs will receive recognition for their efforts and achievements in developing football in their country, the AFC in 2013 introduced three winners for the Member Association of the Year Award.
• Football Federation Islamic Republic of Iran
• Japan Football Association
• Korea Football Association
• Lebanese Football Association
• Tajikistan Football Federation
• Vietnam Football Federation
• Afghanistan Football Federation
• Guam Football Association
Other categories of the awards include:
• AFC President Recognition Award for Grassroots Football 2017
• AFC Coach of the Year Award 2017
• AFC Futsal Player of the Year Award 2017
• AFC Player of the Year Award 2017
• AFC Referees Special Award 2017
• AFC Youth Player of the Year Award 2017
• AFC Asian International Player of the Year Award 2017