A blast targeted a mosque on Friday afternoon in PD 6 in the city of Kabul, causing at least 10 deaths and many wounded, security officials confirmed.
The blast took place in the Darul-Aman area of Kabul and follows a spate of similar attacks around the country.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, Abdul Nafay Takor said at least 10 people were killed and more than 20 others were wounded in the blast. The casualties are reportedly worshipers.
Earlier, a spokesman for the Kabul security department, Khalid Zadran, said that at least five people were killed and more than 20 others were wounded in the blast.
“20 wounded people received at our hospital so far," Emergency NGO said on Twitter.
Witnesses said the number of casualties is high.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the blast.
The attack faced widespread reactions by Afghan politicians.
Former President Hamid Karzai in a tweet condemned it and called it an inhumane act by the "enemies" of the Afghan people.
Abdullah Abdullah, former chairman of the High Council for National Reconciliation, expressed disappointment over the blast and called it a "crime against humanity" and contrary to Islamic and human values.
The Islamic Emirate’s spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, on Twitter condemned the blast, saying that the perpetrators will be arrested and punished soon.
Comment this post