Latest news
تصویر بندانگشتی

Khost Youth Demand Timely Start to Cricket Series

Youth and cricket fans marched through Khost city, capital of Khost province, on Wednesday, demanding the timely holding of The Million Cup Cricket League in the province.

They also accused the Afghan Cricket Board (ACB) of trying to cancel the hosting of the league in Khost province, noting that the grand Paktia zone has legal rights to host the league.

Participants at the march also said that ACB officials do not have the necessary ability and qualifications to deal with the cricket sector in Afghanistan.

ACB officials meanwhile have said that the league will be held after completing its legal procedures.

The protestors called on the Afghan government to take action against what they described as the unprofessional dealing of the ACB officials with cricket in the country.

“The Million Cup Cricket League should be held in Khost,” said a protestor.

“All arrangements have been made, the necessary guarantees have been given,” said another protestor.

“we call on the president to bring professional people onto the ranks of the cricket board,” said a protestor.

Background:

The Million Cup Cricket League, Chinar Media Consultancy Services Co. and Moby Group-Afghanistan signed an agreement earlier this month in Kabul formalizing the collaborative effort to hold the cricket league's fifth season competition and broadcast the matches.

The league, in coordination with the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), will, for the first time, meet international standards and follow ACB guidelines.

Matches will be broadcast live on Lemar TV and Arakozia radio.

The competition will start on October 30 at the stadium in Khost province and will continue until November 13.

The Million Cup League competition is considered an important step for Afghan athletics.

Shafiq Gawhari, CEO of Moby Group-Afghanistan, said: “Holding matches in various provinces, and the desire of youth for cricket and sports, made us interested in broadcasting the matches."

Celebrity Afghan cricketer and league chairman Shapoor Zadaran says he is happy that the league matches will be broadcast in cooperation with the Moby Group and Chinar Media Consultancy Services Co.

Zadaran sees the league as an important step for the growth of sports among youth and stresses that these matches will “provide a platform for finding new talent and will allow young people to increase their skills by playing with senior cricketers.”

Khost Youth Demand Timely Start to Cricket Series

ACB officials meanwhile have said that the league will be held after completing its legal procedures.

تصویر بندانگشتی

Youth and cricket fans marched through Khost city, capital of Khost province, on Wednesday, demanding the timely holding of The Million Cup Cricket League in the province.

They also accused the Afghan Cricket Board (ACB) of trying to cancel the hosting of the league in Khost province, noting that the grand Paktia zone has legal rights to host the league.

Participants at the march also said that ACB officials do not have the necessary ability and qualifications to deal with the cricket sector in Afghanistan.

ACB officials meanwhile have said that the league will be held after completing its legal procedures.

The protestors called on the Afghan government to take action against what they described as the unprofessional dealing of the ACB officials with cricket in the country.

“The Million Cup Cricket League should be held in Khost,” said a protestor.

“All arrangements have been made, the necessary guarantees have been given,” said another protestor.

“we call on the president to bring professional people onto the ranks of the cricket board,” said a protestor.

Background:

The Million Cup Cricket League, Chinar Media Consultancy Services Co. and Moby Group-Afghanistan signed an agreement earlier this month in Kabul formalizing the collaborative effort to hold the cricket league's fifth season competition and broadcast the matches.

The league, in coordination with the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), will, for the first time, meet international standards and follow ACB guidelines.

Matches will be broadcast live on Lemar TV and Arakozia radio.

The competition will start on October 30 at the stadium in Khost province and will continue until November 13.

The Million Cup League competition is considered an important step for Afghan athletics.

Shafiq Gawhari, CEO of Moby Group-Afghanistan, said: “Holding matches in various provinces, and the desire of youth for cricket and sports, made us interested in broadcasting the matches."

Celebrity Afghan cricketer and league chairman Shapoor Zadaran says he is happy that the league matches will be broadcast in cooperation with the Moby Group and Chinar Media Consultancy Services Co.

Zadaran sees the league as an important step for the growth of sports among youth and stresses that these matches will “provide a platform for finding new talent and will allow young people to increase their skills by playing with senior cricketers.”

Share this post