Iranian Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said on Saturday that the terrorist commander who masterminded the Tehran attacks has been killed.
He said the mastermind had been killed earlier in the day by intelligence forces, Press TV reported.
Alavi stated that the terrorist had fled the country following the ensuing security operations after the attack, but was killed with the cooperation of “friendly foreign intelligence services”, Press TV. He did not however state which country had been involved.
At least 17 people were killed and 52 others injured in Tehran on Wednesday when gunmen mounted almost simultaneous assaults on Iran’s Parliament and the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini. Daesh claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Press TV also stated that Iran’s intelligence forces had neutralized over 25 terrorist cells in the country over the past few months.