Latest news
Thumbnail

Six Ukrainians Confirmed Dead In Kabul Hotel Attack

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said late Sunday he was shocked by reports about the death of Ukrainians in the weekend attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul. 

Ukraine’s UNIAN news agency reported that six Ukrainians had been confirmed dead in the hotel siege which lasted 17 hours. 

"Shocked by tragic news from Afghanistan. Ukrainian citizens, employees of the Ukrainian airline, fell victims of the terrorist attack in Kabul. My sincere condolences go to the families of all the deceased," Poroshenko tweeted on Sunday evening. 

Meanwhile, the Ukraine’s foreign minister Pavlo Klimkin said: "I have instructed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to urgently send the Ukrainian Consul from Dushanbe (Tajikistan) to Kabul to carry out the appropriate consular operations. We maintain contact with the US consular representatives who are now at the scene of the terrorist attack in Afghanistan," he said. 

"I have instructed the government to provide all necessary assistance to the families of Ukrainian citizens who died in Afghanistan," he added. 

The Afghan government on Sunday confirmed 29 people, including a number of foreigners, were killed in the attack. Security forces also rescued over 120 people – of which 41 were foreigners. 

Klimkin said on Sunday that at least one of the Ukrainians killed had worked for a local airline. 

Six Ukrainians Confirmed Dead In Kabul Hotel Attack

Ukraine’s Consul from Dushanbe sent to Kabul after at least six Ukrainians died in the weekend attack on the Intercontinental Hotel. 

Thumbnail

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said late Sunday he was shocked by reports about the death of Ukrainians in the weekend attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul. 

Ukraine’s UNIAN news agency reported that six Ukrainians had been confirmed dead in the hotel siege which lasted 17 hours. 

"Shocked by tragic news from Afghanistan. Ukrainian citizens, employees of the Ukrainian airline, fell victims of the terrorist attack in Kabul. My sincere condolences go to the families of all the deceased," Poroshenko tweeted on Sunday evening. 

Meanwhile, the Ukraine’s foreign minister Pavlo Klimkin said: "I have instructed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to urgently send the Ukrainian Consul from Dushanbe (Tajikistan) to Kabul to carry out the appropriate consular operations. We maintain contact with the US consular representatives who are now at the scene of the terrorist attack in Afghanistan," he said. 

"I have instructed the government to provide all necessary assistance to the families of Ukrainian citizens who died in Afghanistan," he added. 

The Afghan government on Sunday confirmed 29 people, including a number of foreigners, were killed in the attack. Security forces also rescued over 120 people – of which 41 were foreigners. 

Klimkin said on Sunday that at least one of the Ukrainians killed had worked for a local airline. 

Share this post