Latest news
Thumbnail

Four Members Of One Family Killed In Helmand Blast

Four members of one family were killed and seven others wounded in Friday night’s suicide bombing outside a stadium in Lashkargah city in Helmand. 

Relatives of the victims blasted government and accused the leaders of not being able to maintain security. 

The explosion that took place when people were leaving a wrestling match claimed the lives of 16 people and wounded at least 35 others. 

On Sunday, prayer ceremonies were held in 15 mosques in the provincial capital, where victims’ families said government must maintain security and prevent such attacks. 
 
 “We were leaving the stadium when an explosion happened. Then the vehicles that were parked there caught fire. Most of our family members who were at the cars burned and some of them completely disappeared. We helped some people to take them out of the cars, but most of them lost their lives,” said Hayatullah, a relative of the victims. 

“We want government to prevent such incidents in future. Now we have lost our family members, but such incidents should be prevented in future,” Bashir, a relative said. 

The families said government needs to investigate the incident and find those responsible for the attack. 

“If government wants to maintain our security, then the investigative departments should be very active and seriously take measures against such incidents. You see civilians have lost their lives here,” said Abdullah, one relative of the family. 

All the victims of Friday evening’s explosion had been at the wrestling match. 

Four Members Of One Family Killed In Helmand Blast

Family members of Helmand suicide explosion victims said government must do something to prevent such attacks in the future. 

Thumbnail

Four members of one family were killed and seven others wounded in Friday night’s suicide bombing outside a stadium in Lashkargah city in Helmand. 

Relatives of the victims blasted government and accused the leaders of not being able to maintain security. 

The explosion that took place when people were leaving a wrestling match claimed the lives of 16 people and wounded at least 35 others. 

On Sunday, prayer ceremonies were held in 15 mosques in the provincial capital, where victims’ families said government must maintain security and prevent such attacks. 
 
 “We were leaving the stadium when an explosion happened. Then the vehicles that were parked there caught fire. Most of our family members who were at the cars burned and some of them completely disappeared. We helped some people to take them out of the cars, but most of them lost their lives,” said Hayatullah, a relative of the victims. 

“We want government to prevent such incidents in future. Now we have lost our family members, but such incidents should be prevented in future,” Bashir, a relative said. 

The families said government needs to investigate the incident and find those responsible for the attack. 

“If government wants to maintain our security, then the investigative departments should be very active and seriously take measures against such incidents. You see civilians have lost their lives here,” said Abdullah, one relative of the family. 

All the victims of Friday evening’s explosion had been at the wrestling match. 

Share this post