Latest news
تصویر بندانگشتی

Victims’ Families Criticize Delay in School Attack Probe

Families of those killed and wounded in last month’s deadly blasts near Sayed al-Shuhada School in the west of Kabul said the government has delayed efforts to find the perpetrators of the attack, and local parents are reluctant to send their children back to the school.

Three blasts occurred near the school on the afternoon of May 8, killing at least 90 students and wounding over 150 others. The parents of the survivors said the government has encouraged them to send back their children to school.

“I have no trust. Even I don’t know what will happen to me when I am out of the home. I don’t know whether I will return home or not,” said Shahr Banoo, a brother of a student killed in the attack.

Zahra, a student who sustained injuries in the attack, said she hasn’t been able to forget the incident because it created stress for her and other girls at the school.

“I can never forget what happened that day during the school attack,” said Zahra, who lost her sister in the attack.

The families said that they have no idea who is responsible for the attack and why the students were targeted.

“Our demand is that it should be made clear. So far, it is not known who caused the blasts,” said Ali Reza, a father of a student who was killed in the attack.

Sayed al-Shuhada School in the Dasht-e-Barchi area in the west of Kabul has at least 7,000 students. It is not known when it will be reopened to its students, or when the lockdown for education centers will end.

Victims’ Families Criticize Delay in School Attack Probe

The families said that they have no idea who is responsible for the attack and why the students were targeted.

تصویر بندانگشتی

Families of those killed and wounded in last month’s deadly blasts near Sayed al-Shuhada School in the west of Kabul said the government has delayed efforts to find the perpetrators of the attack, and local parents are reluctant to send their children back to the school.

Three blasts occurred near the school on the afternoon of May 8, killing at least 90 students and wounding over 150 others. The parents of the survivors said the government has encouraged them to send back their children to school.

“I have no trust. Even I don’t know what will happen to me when I am out of the home. I don’t know whether I will return home or not,” said Shahr Banoo, a brother of a student killed in the attack.

Zahra, a student who sustained injuries in the attack, said she hasn’t been able to forget the incident because it created stress for her and other girls at the school.

“I can never forget what happened that day during the school attack,” said Zahra, who lost her sister in the attack.

The families said that they have no idea who is responsible for the attack and why the students were targeted.

“Our demand is that it should be made clear. So far, it is not known who caused the blasts,” said Ali Reza, a father of a student who was killed in the attack.

Sayed al-Shuhada School in the Dasht-e-Barchi area in the west of Kabul has at least 7,000 students. It is not known when it will be reopened to its students, or when the lockdown for education centers will end.

Share this post