Two educational institutions were targeted by blasts on Tuesday in the Dasht-e-Barchi area in the west of Kabul city.
The first blast took place near a training center and was followed by two more blasts nearby that targeted Abdul Raheem Shaheed school. The second blasts occurred as students were coming out of the school.
The Kabul department of security confirmed the death of six people and said that11 others were wounded.
However, witnesses believe that the number of casualties is higher.
Early reports suggest that many of the casualties were young students.
“The people were lying on the ground. Their hands and feet were wounded or cut,” said Rahmatullah, a student.
“They went to school with the intent to study, but their uniforms turned into a shroud for them,” said Aqlima, a student.
Security officials said the blasts were due to explosives placed in the area.
“The investigative team and (Islamic Emirate) forces are at the site. When we complete our assessment, we will share it with you,” said Khalid Zadran, a spokesman for the Kabul department of security.
The blast also damaged nearby homes.
“We started to evacuate. After five minutes, the second blast occurred at the end of this street,” said Harron, a resident.
Abdul Raheem Shaheed school is a government school located in western Kabul. Residents claimed that the school had been threatened several times before.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack was condemned by prominent Afghan politicians, Kabul-based diplomatic missions and humanitarian watchdog groups.