Latest news
Thumbnail

Kabul Military Hospital Reopens Following Deadly Attack

The reconstruction of Mohammad Daud Military Hospital, which was badly damaged during a complex attack in March, has been completed and the hospital has reopened, an army official said on Tuesday.

“The attack severely damaged the hospital. At first we thought its reconstruction will take a long time but we managed to repair it in a short time. We also readmitted our patients that had been moved to other hospitals,” said Abdul Razaq Siawash, head of the Afghan National Army’s healthcare services department.

“We thought that the reconstruction of the hospital would take a lot longer but the Ministry of Urban Development completed its reconstruction in 10 days,” the urban development minister Sayed Sadat Mansoor Naderi said.

Naderi said the budget for the reconstruction of the hospital was provided by the government and now the ministry is working on the reconstruction of the Afghan National Army’s 209 Shaheen Corps Headquarters in Balkh province which was attacked by the Taliban just over a week ago. 

The attack on the military hospital left 50 dead and more than 70 others wounded.

Kabul Military Hospital Reopens Following Deadly Attack

The hospital has been closed for about two months following the attack but after extensive repairs, it has now reopened

Thumbnail

The reconstruction of Mohammad Daud Military Hospital, which was badly damaged during a complex attack in March, has been completed and the hospital has reopened, an army official said on Tuesday.

“The attack severely damaged the hospital. At first we thought its reconstruction will take a long time but we managed to repair it in a short time. We also readmitted our patients that had been moved to other hospitals,” said Abdul Razaq Siawash, head of the Afghan National Army’s healthcare services department.

“We thought that the reconstruction of the hospital would take a lot longer but the Ministry of Urban Development completed its reconstruction in 10 days,” the urban development minister Sayed Sadat Mansoor Naderi said.

Naderi said the budget for the reconstruction of the hospital was provided by the government and now the ministry is working on the reconstruction of the Afghan National Army’s 209 Shaheen Corps Headquarters in Balkh province which was attacked by the Taliban just over a week ago. 

The attack on the military hospital left 50 dead and more than 70 others wounded.

Share this post