A 23-year-old man who was tested positive with the coronavirus has fled the Bo Ali Sina Hospital in Balkh province, hospital chief Ghawsuddin Anwari said.
The man is a resident of Dawlat Abad district & a team has been assigned to bring him back to the health facility, he said.
Herat governor Abdul Qayum Rahimi reported a new positive case of the coronavirus in his province. With this, the total cases in Herat reached six, while the total reported cases in Afghanistan reached 11.
The Ministry of Public Health on Saturday reported three more positive cases of Covid-19 in Afghanistan: one in the central province of Kapisa, one in the northern province of Balkh, and one in the northern province of Samangan. These are the first reported cases in Kapisa and Balkh, and the third positive case in this province of Samangan.
The ministry said that the total reported cases of the coronavirus in Afghanistan has reached 10 – five cases in Herat, three in Samangan, one in Kapisa, and one in Balkh.
So far, the Ministry of Public Health has tested 181 suspected cases, and these 10 have tested positive, and 171 have tested negative. The samples of the 181 suspected cases were from Herat, Samangan, Kapisa, Balkh, Daikundi, Parwan and Paktia.
The ministry said in a statement that another 52 samples are being tested in laboratories and the results will be announced soon.
President Ghani in a message on a National Day, said the coronavirus poses a serious threat to the world.
“The few reported positive cases in the country forces us to pay serious attention to precautionary measures,” he said.
“People’s cooperation is important in preventing the spread of the coronavirus,” Ghani says, adding “avoiding gatherings, paying attention to hygiene, and other key matters can prevent the spread of the virus.”
The deputy governor of Balkh, Mohammad Bashir Tawhidi, said this year’s Nawroz festival will not be held in Balkh adding that the Mazar-Delhi and Mazar-Iran flights were also canceled following one reported positive case of the coronavirus.
A 23-year-old man who was tested positive with the coronavirus has fled the Bo Ali Sina Hospital in Balkh province, hospital chief Ghawsuddin Anwari said. The man is a resident of Dawlat Abad district & a team has been assigned to bring him back to the health facility, he said.