The participants of the clerics' gathering held at the Kabul Loya Jirga Hall released a resolution comprised of 11 principles, in which they called on the world to lift sanctions on Afghanistan and to recognize the Islamic Emirate.
The resolution did not directly mention the reopening of girls’ schools, but a part of it called for the Islamic Emirate to attend to modern and religious education for men and women.
Resolutions from clerics' gathering at Loya Jirga Hall:
- Participants pledged allegiance to the Islamic Emirate leader.
- The international community is called on to release Afghan assets.
- The participants called the current government 'legitimate" and called for its recognition.
- Support announced for decree of Islamic Emirate on drugs.
- Support given for the Islamic Emirate policy to not interfere with other countries and to expect the same from other countries.
- Any type of cooperation with Daesh is forbidden.
- Armed opposition against the current government is rebellion.
- Islamic Emirate called on to attend to religious and modern education, health, agriculture, rights of ethnic minorities and women and children and economic development, within the structure of Sharia.
- Islamic clerics who cause provocations via media must stop.
- Islamic Emirate called on to incentivize national unity.
- Clerics support the Islamic Emirate’s efforts to facilitate the return of Afghan figures from abroad.
Talking to participants of the clerics' gathering, the Prime Minister Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund said that the people of Afghanistan want Hijab and an Islamic government and there are less people who oppose it.
Comment this post