Latest news
Thumbnail
Afghanistan

Supreme Court Attack Victims Call for Justice

Relatives of victims of Tuesday’s deadly bombing outside the Kabul Supreme Court said on Wednesday they expect government to track down and punish those behind the attack.  

They called for immediate action and for the responsible parties to be prosecuted. They also called on government to immediately prosecute and punish all terror suspects currently in custody. 

A number of Supreme Court employees wounded in Tuesday’s attack have meanwhile criticized government for not having already sentenced terrorists being held in custody.  

Doctors at Kabul Emergency Hospital meanwhile said some of the wounded in Tuesday’s attack are still in critical condition.  

On Tuesday, a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the car park of the Supreme Court  killing at least 21 people and injuring more than 40 others.
17 of those killed were employees of the Supreme Court - including nine women. 

Four pedestrians were also killed in the attack. 

Mohammad Jan, 37, was one of the injured – he has reportedly been left paralyzed and is unable to speak.  

Another victim is Ashraf, who is the father of six children. He was seriously wounded in the attack. 

“I pray that those who have killed our people will be killed and eliminated,” said Koko Gul, Ashraf’s mother.

“He was working at the Supreme Court,” Frishta, Ashraf’s wife said.

Tamim, 24, is a Supreme Court employee who was injured in the attack. He was married eight months ago.

“I urge government to arrest and execute militants. Government arrests them and then releases them. We cannot have more expectations from government,” Tamim said.

The attack on the Supreme Court marks the second deadly blast in Kabul since the start of winter.

Last month, the Taliban carried out a twin suicide bombing on parliament workers – killing dozens.
 

Afghanistan

Supreme Court Attack Victims Call for Justice

Victims have called on government to ensure those who plotted the attack be tracked down and prosecuted. 

Thumbnail

Relatives of victims of Tuesday’s deadly bombing outside the Kabul Supreme Court said on Wednesday they expect government to track down and punish those behind the attack.  

They called for immediate action and for the responsible parties to be prosecuted. They also called on government to immediately prosecute and punish all terror suspects currently in custody. 

A number of Supreme Court employees wounded in Tuesday’s attack have meanwhile criticized government for not having already sentenced terrorists being held in custody.  

Doctors at Kabul Emergency Hospital meanwhile said some of the wounded in Tuesday’s attack are still in critical condition.  

On Tuesday, a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the car park of the Supreme Court  killing at least 21 people and injuring more than 40 others.
17 of those killed were employees of the Supreme Court - including nine women. 

Four pedestrians were also killed in the attack. 

Mohammad Jan, 37, was one of the injured – he has reportedly been left paralyzed and is unable to speak.  

Another victim is Ashraf, who is the father of six children. He was seriously wounded in the attack. 

“I pray that those who have killed our people will be killed and eliminated,” said Koko Gul, Ashraf’s mother.

“He was working at the Supreme Court,” Frishta, Ashraf’s wife said.

Tamim, 24, is a Supreme Court employee who was injured in the attack. He was married eight months ago.

“I urge government to arrest and execute militants. Government arrests them and then releases them. We cannot have more expectations from government,” Tamim said.

The attack on the Supreme Court marks the second deadly blast in Kabul since the start of winter.

Last month, the Taliban carried out a twin suicide bombing on parliament workers – killing dozens.
 

Share this post