Three brothers serving in the ranks of the Afghan National Police (ANP) were killed last week during a Taliban offensive in Maiwand district of the southern province of Kandahar.
Familiy members of the brother’s said the incident happened on Thursday at a check post.
The family said that two of the victims recently got engaged and the third one was about to get married.
A brother of the three fallen soldiers on Sunday said that they moved the bodies from Kandahar to Kabul on their own and no financial contribution has been made by government as yet.
On Thursday, Taliban insurgents reportedly launched an attack on a police check post in Maiwand district where the three brothers were on duty.
The family has blasted local government in Kandahar for not helping.
“Three brothers from the same family were killed in the attack; soldiers from other families were also killed while defending their country,” said Samim Khpulwak, spokesman for the Kandahar governor.
The fallen soldiers are Mohammad Zahri, Mohammad Aman and Mohammad Jawed.
“This family sent three of its sons to defend the country,” said Nasima a relative of the victims.
“Two of my brothers were engaged, we planned to arrange their marriage ceremony,” said Farhad, the victims’ brother.
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said Kandahar police department was responsible for covering the cost of moving the bodies – but the family said this has not happened.
Kandahar police have not yet commented.